Father’s Day is right around the corner. Surprise your Dad with a small gift to show your love and appreciation for all his care and support
It’s normal for us to say “I love you” to our moms on Mother’s Day and most likely you will get a “I love you” back. But to our Dads…I don’t know how that’s going to play out. Well actually I do know. You guys know that YouTube star Ryan Higa? He compiled a video last year of people who filmed their Dad’s reaction after telling them “I love you”. Guess what most Dad’s response was? “What did you do?” “What do you want?” Hahaha…sorry Dads, we don’t know how to say “I love you” and apparently, neither do you! (watch the video HERE)
I know Dads aren’t expressive with their feelings because they want to give you a sense of security and be the supportive role model you can always look up to and depend on. My Dad will NEVER say anything to show that he cares but they are all in his actions. So for this Father’s day, my plan is to take our entire family to a fancy restaurant in Downtown Vancouver and just spend some quality time together as a family. For this post, I’ve compiled a list of gift ideas for you guys to use as inspirations for some last minute gift ideas.
- A lot of men likes good liquor. A bottle of wine, maybe champagne…I don’t know much about alcohol because I literally don’t drink AT ALL. But I know my dad likes to collect good wine and display them on our wine shelf.
- A cute little mug with a “Best/Awesome/Super Dad” label!
- My dad is a bit of a bibliophile so if your dad also enjoys reading, then getting him a book would be a great gift.
- For those active and sporty Dads that likes outdoor activities or working out, a set of gym strip is highly practical. Other work-out necessities could also work such as a durable water bottle, backpack, etc.
- There’s a boy in every man. I think all guys are into electronics, cars, gadgets, gears etc…Surprise your Dad with a drone. There’s a spectrum in terms of cost. Of course the really fancy ones could get very expensive, but a simple one can be affordable and cool as a Father’s day gift (if you know your Dad is into this).
- A good quality wallet to replace the one that he’s been using for >10 years.
- A fitbit band. These are popular because they can keep track of your health and fitness, as in the number of steps you took, heart rate, calorie intake of the day and other information depending on the model.
- A shaving kit!
- A tie because a man can never have enough tie. Different ties for different occasions.
Thanks for visiting! Hope you have a wonderful day with you Dad. If he isn’t around, get in touch and wish him a Happy Father’s Day!