It’s that time of year again. Mother’s Day is happening on the 8th of May!
This is the time that you let your Mom know how much you love her and grateful for all the sacrifices she has made for you. We often get so caught up in our own lives-whether it’s school, work or our own family-that we take everything our Mom does for us for granted. We often don’t realize this until we have our own family. The unconditional love we feel towards our children reminds us that we are loved the same way by our Mother. So take this opportunity to thank her, to acknowledge her sacrifice, and the INCREDIBLE effort she has put in to raise you to the fine individual you are today. She doesn’t need much, just a very simple gesture and a simple: “Happy Mother’s Day Ma. Thank you for all you’ve done for me. I LOVE YOU!” ❤
Gifts come in many forms. It’s cliche to say but I’m still going to say it, it REALLY is the thought that counts when it comes to Mother’s and Father’s day gifts. They would be happy with ANYTHING you get them! I compile a few very affordable items you could purchase to give you some inspirations. And also other gift inspirations that’s more DIY and creative.
- Body bath and skin care set: Bath & body works has great gift sets and so does The Body Shop. Their product is decent and also a great value.
2. Small fashion accessories such as a statement scarf: I do believe in good quality in this case. Something of a classy material like silk would be optimal for fashionista Moms.
3. A bouquet of fresh flowers with a classy vase no women can resist. What’s great about this one is that there are tons of flower delivery services. Order online and have them deliver to where she is. It’s a great way to send out your Mother’s day wish if you guys live far apart.
4. Something with a fun “Best Mom” label. It could be on a mug, t-shirt, bag, or just a piece of wood she could hang in the kitchen XD
5. You know what they say, jewelry is a woman’s best friend…and always will be. Get her a decent pair of earrings or classic necklace. Doesn’t need to be super expensive or high-end, but something of good quality. Pandora and Swarovski usually have special deals.
6. A bag, wallet or clutch. Coach has a special Mother’s day promotion going on where they can customize the bag by imprinting her initial on it. Pretty cool!
7. E-book: help her say tech savvy with an E-book, portable and convenient.
8. A bottle of perfume that suits her taste and style. Last year I got my mom J’adore from Dior. It’s feminine, classy, sophisticated and elegant. I think mademoiselle from CHANEL is also a good one.
9. Nutrient supplements such as fish oil, glucosamine or multivitamins. COSCO has all of them, and other pharmacy shops. I’m not going to delve into details on the health benefits but they are recommended for mid-aged men and women to prevent aging and ‘wear and tear’ of the body.
Other creative ideas:
Take her to a nice spa of total relaxation!
Treat her to a nice restaurant
Cook something for her and the family
I made some Chinese food for the family last time TEEHEE! XD
Create a photo album of your memories together. Or download all the photos on to an electronic photo album.
Here’s to all the BEAUTIFUL Moms out there, Happy Mother’s Day! You know we LOVE you! ❤